BBC New Comedy Award2018
Stephen Buchanan is one of the most promising young comedians to emerge from Scotland in recent years. He has appeared on Jonathan Ross’ Comedy Club (ITV), The Now Show (BBC Radio 4), The Dog Ate My Homework (CBBC), and is a regular face on Sparks (Channel 4). His series Cooking in a Crisis for BBC Scotland has been a highlight of the lockdown as have his sketches on Twitter and Instagram.
In 2018 he was crowned BBC New Comedy Award winner and also won the Scottish Comedian of the Year award. He made his Edinburgh Fringe debut in 2019 with the critically acclaimed Baby Dove which was a total sell out show with extra dates added.
Buchanan is also establishing himself as a promising writer with credits from BBC Radio Scotland’s topical panel show ‘Breaking the News’ and BBC Scotland’s online sketch series ‘Short Stuff’. He is developing scripts with the BBC and has appeared on BBC Scotland’s ‘The Comedy Underground’ and ‘Bad Influencer’.
- BBC New Comedy Award 2018
- Scottish Comedian of the Year 2018
- "Skilful, personal and pitch perfect stand-up" The Wee Review
- "Promising young comedian" The Skinny
- "His material was tight and assuredly delivered" The Scotsman
- Stephen's performance was great, hilarious and has been raved about since Friday night. He was extremely professional and delivered an incredible performance. IOIC Awards