'A Masterclass'★★★★★The Scotsman
Simon Evans is one of the UK’s most respected and best loved comedians. Familiar from countless TV and radio appearances and critically acclaimed tour shows, he is particularly popular on the corporate and after dinner circuit. He has been at the top of his game now for over twenty-five years and his current tour show Have We Met? celebrates this extraordinary accomplishment with all the gnarly old charm and verve you’d expect! His TV credits include two appearances on BBC One’s Live at the Apollo, one on Michael McIntyre’s Roadshow, and a season of Channel 4’s Stand Up for the Week. On BBC Radio 4 his series Simon Evans Goes to Market, delighting audiences with his witty and insightful take on the comedically-unpromising territory of economics, has had six seasons so far, all of which prove among the most popular downloads on the Sounds App. He is also a regular on Radio 4’s The News Quiz, and various other panel games, and from 1998 to 2002 wrote and hosted eight series of the news satire, The Way It Is. For 2024 he stars in “One Person Found This Helpful” – a new Radio 4 show he co-devised with Jason Hazely and Pozzitive Productions, that has fun with on-line customer reviews. He also hosts “Headliners” – a regular preview of the following day’s newspapers with two other comedians on GB News.
At the Edinburgh Festival, Genius 2.0 received the rare and highly coveted ★★★★★ rating from The Scotsman—the reviewer describing it as a “Masterclass”.
On the corporate circuit, he is cherished for his ability to perform an entirely clean set without compromising on the laughs—but also to “strengthen” the language when appropriate, without descending into vulgarity. His approach might be described as “adult” in the best possible sense, and his relative maturity and reference points have made him a great hit with audiences who might find some of his peers’ comedy rather juvenile. He is also much sought after for awards functions etc for his air of authority and the ability to deliver from autocue or script with natural ease, panache and, when necessary, a good turn of pace.
- Simon Evans Goes To Market
- One Person Found This Helpful
- The News Quiz—guest host
- The News Quiz—panellist
- The Way It Is – seven series as host and writer.
- Best Policy (Radio 4)—host
- True Lies, A World Without… Radio 4)—panellist
- Beating The System (Radio 4)—sole writer and performer
- Troublestarter (Radio 4), three-part series—sole writer and performer
- The Mighty Boosh (Radio 4)—performer
- The Big Booth (Radio 4)—performer
- Armando Ianucci’s Charm Offensive
- The Unbelievable Truth
- True Lies
- The Odd Half Hour
- Live at the Apollo BBC 1
- Stand up for the Week Channel 4
- Micheal McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow BBC 1
- Mock the Week BBC 2
- Dave's One Night Stand Dave
- The Big Questions BBC 1
- Celebrity Mastermind BBC 2
- "We recently hired Simon Evans for our comedy slot at our business dinner. Simon was INCREDIBLE! He knew how to hit the mark with our business audience. The whole room was roaring! He’s quick-witted and had the best comedy timing. I’d highly recommend Simon for comedy nights and events. Thank you so much!"Director The Construction Club Swansea