Client AssetsHI RES PHOTO DOWNLOAD
After starting comedy in late 2009, Scott is a standup comedian and writer who’s star is most definitely on the rise. His last two shows Leap Year and Relax were nominated for ‘Best Show’ at the Leicester Comedy Festival and has been named by Chortle as One To Watch for 2018 and 19.
His debut hour stand up show About a Roy was nominated for the highly acclaimed Amused Moose Comedy Award and was selected as one of the top ten shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2015.
He has appeared on Live at the Apollo BBC1, BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz, The Now Show, The Likely Dads and Elephant in the Room with Sarah Millican, The Summer Festival with Daliso Chaponda, The Comedy Club with Arthur Smith, and Knock Knock with Helen Lederer. He also featured on the BBC One show, Live from The Edinburgh Fringe.
He also features on the new Nationwide adverts, released in 2020 and 2021.
During the lockdown of 2020, Scott pioneered the viral hit, Stand up from the Shed, a weekly topical live streamed stand up show from his actual garden shed. The show achieved national coverage in the press, Sky News, BBC News and Five Live and has had over 150,000 views.
At the end of 2020, in the Comics Comic awards Scott was voted “Best Act” a prestigious award decided by comedians and promoters in the industry. Previous winners include, Mick Ferry, Zoe Lyons and Ian Stone.
In 2017 and 18 Scott supported his comedy hero, Rob Brydon on his National UK tour dates for his latest show I am Standing Up and was selected to do a support slots for Jason Manford and John Bishop. He also worked alongside Michael McIntyre as part of his work in progress shows at the Duchess Theatre in London with Keri Godliman, Russell Kane and Ed Gamble.
In addition to his stand up work Scott is also a talented writer. He was a programme associate on First and Last with Jason Manford for BBC One, a writer for The Chris Ramsey Show on Comedy Central. He’s written stand up for big touring acts including Jason Manford and Rob Brydon and has worked extensively for BBC Radio 4, with writing credits including The News Quiz, and Citizen of Nowhere with Daliso Chaponda.He was also one of the main writers on the prime time BBC One Show, Little Mix – The Search hosted by Chris Ramsey.
As a filmmaker and writer of comedy shorts Scott has had his work officially selected for The Beeston Film Festival 2019 and the New York City Comedy Shorts Festival 2020.
"Great material, great delivery, a very funny man"Rob Brydon
"Brilliantly funny, a joy to watch"Chris Ramsey
“Fabulous turns of phrase and pungent expressions, superb character creations”Chortle
"Without question live comedy's best kept secret"The Evening Standard
“Clearly has a big future, flashes of Peter Kay, Jason Manford and John Bishop”★★★★Bruce Dessau
“This barnstorming show made for a hugely entertaining night”★★★★Chortle
"There must be plenty of multiverses where Scott Bennett is already the biggest name in comedy on these little islands. Our future just needs to catch up with them."British Comedy Guide
- Amused Moose Comedy Award Top Ten Fringe 2015
- English Comedian of the Year 2014
- Best New Show, Buxton Fringe 2014
- Kill For a Seat New Act of the Year 2014
- Loaded Laftas 2013
- Comedy Cellar New Act of the Year 2011
- Ten City Hull Comedian of the Year 2011
- Old Speckled Hen Comedian of the Year 2010
- Comedian's Comedian Best Act 2020
- Chortle One to Watch 2019/20
- Best Club Comedian 2022
- BBC Radio 4 Extra New Comedy Awards
- Notts TV 6.30 Show Regular Guest
- Francis Finn Radio Show. BBC Radio Nottingham Regular Guest
- Voice over credits and script writer Spool Media Nottingham
- Live at the Apollo 2021
- The News Quiz 2022
- The Now Show Regular Guest
- "Having seen Scott several times in my leisure time, I knew he’d be a great fit for our leadership conference. He did a set and presented our awards and genuinely exceeded all of our expectations! The teams loved him. We had a very mixed demographic but everyone was literally guffawing throughout. Scott delivered a great mix of some jokes that were really relevant to the company and the individuals in the room, loads of good improv, plus loads of brilliant Scott style, super original jokes. The comedy was so relatable, he read the room brilliantly and honestly went done a storm. I cannot recommend him enough Our teams are still talking about what a memorable evening he made it. Thanks so much. Scott."Emma Dinns, Director, Sofology Ltd
- “Scott Bennett is undeniably one of the finest comedians in the country – a master craftsman with a broad appeal shared only by a very rare few. Add to that the fact that he’s a consummate professional and a lovely bloke and it’s easy to understand why he is destined to become one of the biggest names in the industry”Rod Woodward, Fits The Bill Ltd
- Scott has a real talent for taking his audience to the edge of their comfort zone but without taking it too far - and it was a joy to see all our colleagues roaring with laughter. Quite simply, Scott was hilarious! His humour was relatable, responsive and inclusive - a perfect blend! On the day, and for some time after, colleagues have been commenting on how much they enjoyed his set, and have even asked for him to return next year! I couldn't recommend him more highly for other corporate events - thank you, Scott!James Higham | Transforming Lives Educational Trust
- "I've used some of the genuine comments we've had, there were a lot more”; "Best Xmas Do Ever"; "I still can't believe how good last night was…”; “perfectly pitched, just what we all needed". These are a few of the comments from staff on our first ever virtual NHS England Finance Xmas Get Together. We all dreaded it as virtual get together can become tedious at best. Scott, live from his shed, ensured we all had a few hours which we'll talk about for the rest of our lives. 2020 has been rubbish, our Xmas Do wasn't. Thanks again, you'll probably see some of us in 2021"Richard Hirst, Accountant, NHS England
- "2020 has been a really strange year. We wanted something memorable for our work Christmas 'virtual' party and Scott could not have been better! He kicked off proceedings with his top quality stand up, and it was a joy to see so many smiling and laughing faces across the company. The material was spot on and pitched just right, with topical jokes and some tailored content for our organisation that had us in stitches! The feedback since the event has been amazing, and we would love to have Scott back again in the future! In short everyone loved it - it was just what Christmas 2020 needed!"Malcolm Cocking, Transformation Director, CSI Limited
- "A huge thank you on behalf of everyone at Schroders for joining us today. I was there for both sets and enjoyed the second set every bit as much as the first! Lots of positive feedback coming in and you certainly gave us all the gift of laughter"Sophie Whitwell, Communications Manager, Schroeder' Investments
- “Scott came to our corporate event to perform a set and funny is an understatement. We spoke to Scott in advance about who we were, the key people and what we wanted. As a corporate event there can be a fine line and Scott did an amazing job at going to the line but not going over it. As the organiser I was delighted to look in the audience and see my colleagues roaring with laughter. I would hire Scott in an instance for other events, my colleagues and I are now big fans!" Danielle Abbott, Senior Internal Communications and Operations Coordinator, H and T Group
- "Scott was fantastic. Everyone here said how great he was - they loved him. Arranging something for work colleagues is very different to arranging something for a group of friends and I must admit to being rather nervous, but we were in good hands. Highly recommended!"Susie Gunn, Director, Hamish Leng
- "Scott you are a legend! Thank you so much for your fantastic performance at our "virtual" all hands meeting. You knew exactly which buttons to push to get us laughing and laughing and laughing. This was exactly what our team needed after several months of lockdown. We had a blast with you and would love to work with you again at some point in the future"Christina, Head of Communications, Octopus Energy
- "Our guys - and girls - have not stopped talking about Scott. They absolutely loved him. He did a Stirling job, it must have been really difficult as I chose to keep everyone in masks (due to being inside the factory and not the soaking wet marquee). He basically delivered his set at the back of steel stocks next to a manual lathe and pallet full of parts for nuclear submarines.:)! Just to make the day even weirder. I hope he enjoyed coming to see our guys, he is really talented and pitched it absolutely perfectly. Very very funny"Sam Handley, Director, Swiftool Engineering Ltd
- “2020 has been a really strange year. We wanted something memorable for our work Christmas 'virtual' party and Scott could not have been better! He kicked off proceedings with his top quality stand up, and it was a joy to see so many smiling and laughing faces across the company. The material was spot on and pitched just right, with topical jokes and some tailored content for our organisation that had us in stitches! The feedback since the event has been amazing, and we would love to have Scott back again in the future! In short everyone loved it - it was just what Christmas 2020 needed!” Malcolm Cocking, Transformation Director, CSI Limited
- "Scott acted as host and compere of the main stage at the Life Lessons festival, presented by the Sunday Times at the Barbican in February 2020. The care he took over his set lists was exceptional and it was clear that it was important to him to deliver thoughtful, relevant material. The festival was host to great stars and prominent authors but Scott was professional and unfazed by the celebrity. He was able to adapt to changing circumstances and did so with calm and enthusiasm. Big thanks to Scott" Vicki Perrin, Show Director, Life Lessons Festival 2020
- "Scott was recommended to us to perform at our 40th anniversary and new product launch event. From the minute Scott took to the stage he had the room in the palm of his hand, performing a mixture of traditional stand up and bespoke material tailored to the night. His observational skills and interaction with our clients were fantastic. He was better than we could've expected and we would highly recommend Scott to any other business hosting a similar corporate evening"Anthony Hawkins, Bauder PLC, May 2019
- "Scott was great, his stand-up comedy at the beginning went down really well, with laughter from the whole room. The audience engaged with him very well throughout the whole evening" Francesca Horney, Faversham House, Producer, Water Industry Awards} May 2019
- "I booked Scott Bennett as after dinner entertainment for our industry technical conference and he was absolutely excellent and had the audience in stitches throughout his act, I cannot recommend him highly enough"Peter Kay, Director of Techincal Support, Ceda, October 2016
- "Where do I start? I saw Scott a few years ago at the Alhambra Studios in Bradford. We were in stitches of laughter. He had great material, talking about all the things that get to us on a day to day basis. The second time Scott was even better, at our 90th birthday celebration for our tennis club. Scott Sat with some cub members and got a real feel for the place. People still say now where did you find this guy, he's great. Thanks again Scott for making our celebration a memorable one" Alex Prytulak, Heaton Tennis and Squash Club, Bradford, May 2017
- "Scott Bennett delivered a comedy set at ScanSource's POS and retail partner conference recently. He did an absolutely brilliant job and had my customers, colleagues and partners howling with laughter throughout his performance. Comedy performed to a corporate audience can sometimes be awkward but Scott was able to make parts of his set relate to our industry which, along with some hilarious interaction with the audience ensured that all of our guests were involved. To my knowledge Scott is the only comedian to have written a joke specifically about the Toshiba ST-A20 point of sale terminal. Following the event many of our customers were asking for his details and where else they can see Scott perform. I wouldn't hesitate to book Scott again for another corporate event" Richard Austin, ScanSource, Hemel Hemstead, November 2017
- "Scott did a 45 minute session of thoroughly entertaining stand-up comedy after a pre- match lunch at Macclesfield Rugby Club. Although the match was postponed due to a frozen pitch, nobody in the room missed the rugby at all as they were in stitches at Scott's stories, jokes and friendly banter. His ability to change tack and then get back on track again was masterful. The mixed audience ranged from 20-80 in age, yet Scott had everyone's attention for the full 45 minutes as he pitched it just right for the occasion. A thoroughly professional performance from a great comedian and we would welcome him back any time."Peter Harper, Chairman, Macclesfield Rugby Club, December 2017
- "Scott came to our corporate event to perform a set and funny is an understatement. We spoke to Scott in advance about who we were, the key people and what we wanted. As a corporate event there can be a fine line and Scott did an amazing job at going to the line but not going over it. As the organiser I was delighted to look in the audience and see my colleagues roaring with laughter. I would hire Scott in an instance for other events, my colleagues and I are now big fans!"Sally Fletcher, H&T Pawnbrokers, Central Operations and Internal Communications Manager
- "Scott was fantastic on the night of a recent restaurant launch event for Zizzi. He got the tone spot on and the whole room was engaged, included and in hysterics. A much needed, light-hearted evening of fun and laughter thanks to Scott’s hilarious stand-up. We would recommend Scott for corporate events."Lisa Fox, Espresso