"Terrifyingly funny"The Times
Edinburgh Festival Award Winner and Time Out Critic’s Choice, Mark’s recent TV credits include Qi (BBC2) Taskmaster (Dave) and Bear Grylls’ Celebrity Island (Channel 4).
Mark has been the face of shows such as BBC Four’s We Need Answers and BBC Radio 4’s Mark Watson Makes The World Substantially Better. He has also appeared on Mock The Week, Celebrity Pointless, Have I Got News For You, Would I Lie To You?, Live At The Apollo and Channel 4’s Comedy Gala.
Not only a stand-up, Mark has written six novels: Bullet Points (2004), A Light-Hearted Look At Murder (2007), Eleven (2010), The Knot (2012), Hotel Alpha (2014), and The Place That Didn’t Exist (2016). In 2017, his graphic novel Dan and Sam was purchased by Amblin, Steven Spielberg’s studio, for a possible film adaptation.
In 2020 he arranged and hosted The Watsonathon, a 24 Hour online show which raised over £44,000 in aide of FareShare, Hospice Income Generation Network, and the Nextup Comedy Heckle The Virus fund. He will also be on tour with his latest show, How You Can Almost Win, which was inspired by his time on Bear Gryll’s Celebrity Island – dates to be announced.
"Belly laugh brilliant… The audience was weeping with laughter"Time Out
- Qi BBC Two
- Taskmaster Dave
- Bear Grylls' Celebrity Island Channel 4
- Live At The Apollo BBC Two
- Pointless Celebrities BBC One
- The Celebrity Boat Race for Cancer Research UK BBC One
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks BBC Two
- The Premier League Show BBC Two
- Roast Battle Comedy Central
- Mock The Week BBC Two
- Channel 4's Comedy Gala Channel 4
- Mark Watson Talks A Bit About Life BBC Radio 4
- Mark was an absolute pleasure to work with once again and we really do appreciate his and your support on this project.Children in Need
- He was a trouper, with all of the last minute awardees it proved a nightmare with some pretty last minute script changes and a rather unruly audience. I was just extremely grateful Mark was so relaxed and accommodating!Performing Artistes
- Mark was perfect – he judged the audience really well and was appreciated by all. Please do pass on our thanks.The Social Enterprise Awards
- It was a pleasure having him and will keep him in mind for future events.Fore UK
- Just wanted to say thanks for providing such a great comedian for our event last week. Mark was fabulous – hilarious and such a nice guy! He went down really well with all the staff and I’ve had loads of great comments about him. It was lovely that he’d researched our company – the jokes around our marketing/website write-ups were genius and really got us in a fun, festive mood!Zoe Shepard, Delta Rail
- Mark was absolutely fantastic once again at the Digital Awards! He got the tone of the event exactly right and we’ve had really positive feedback from the audience, even more impressive he managed to get through all 30 odd awards within the allocated time so we didn’t run over which was great. There is even talk of booking him for a third year in a row!PPA Digital Awards
- AMAZING!!! The best after dinner speaker we have ever booked in my view – I know it’s subjective but he was brilliant!Capita Children's Education Services Awards Dinner
- I just had a nice chat on the phone with my client from the event at the Celtic Manor which Mark hosted the Awards Ceremony last week, and they were delighted with him. Everyone found him really funny, and they were so pleased he joined them at the top table for dinner also!Samantha Spry, Scarlett Entertainment
- So, firstly Mark Watson is one of the nicest guys I’ve met, very easy to chat to and very relaxed. He was excellent at the awards. He is very funny to start with, but the way he played our audience and adapted to one ‘heckler’ and actually incorporated him in to the show was sheer brilliance! Just say “Northern Ireland” to Mark and he will know what I mean! I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him. He is highly professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with.National Tyre Distributors Association