“A fiercely accomplished talent“The Scotsman
Cambridge Mathematics drop-out and now professional poker player Ken burst onto the UK comedy scene after reaching the final of the 2015 BBC Radio New Comedy Award. His unique, analytical style made him instantly recognisable.
Ken has written and starred in 2 series of his hit BBC Radio 4 show, Chinese Comedian, which was selected for Radio 4’s Pick Of The Year.
Ken’s TV and radio credits include Celebrity Eggheads (BBC Two), Comedy Central at the Comedy Store and Roast Battle UK (Comedy Central), Sparks (Channel 4), Dave’s Advent Calendar (Dave), BBC Asian Network At The Edinburgh Festival (BBC Asian Network), Evil Genius (BBC Sounds), Breaking The News (BBC Radio Scotland), A Good Read, The Now Show and Quote Unquote (BBC Radio 4).
He has hosted the documentary Game Over, Humans (BBC Radio 4) and comedy gameshow The Hangover Games (E4). He is the current host of children’s science show Don’t Blame Me, Blame My Brain (CBBC).
Ken’s writing credits includes script editing for Newsjack (BBC Radio 4), plus a number of TV projects in development – to be announced. He also wrote and starred in his own BBC Three short Proverbs Ken Cheng Hates.
In 2019, Ken embarked on his first UK wide tour performing to sold-out audiences. He will be performing his latest show at the Soho Theatre in London, dates to be confirmed.
Listen to Ken’s BBC Radio 4 series Chinese Comedian on iPlayer
Listen to Ken’s BBC Radio 4 documentary Game Over, Humans on iPlayer
“It was a smart, impressive and brilliantly funny tour-de-comedy”Chortle
- Dave’s Joke Of The Fringe 2017
- Amused Moose Edinburgh Fringe Best Show 2018
- The Guardian's Pick Of The Fringe 2018
- BBC New Talent Hotlist 2017
- Comedy Central ‘One To Watch’
- BBC New Comedy Award Finalist 2015
- Thank you so much to Ken and yourself for helping arrange the talk today. Ken was an insightful and engaging guest speaker, I think the students got a lot out of it!Tom Whittaker, LCC