“The amount of first-rate comic craft that goes into his routines is worthy of admiration”The Guardian
Comedian. Actor. Dog Walker. Parent. Sometimes on your telly, never on your drive. Has own teeth and is left-handed. Undercover Vegan.
He’s not just Young Kenny – the one with the Tiger Face from Phoenix Nights.
As seen recently on Richard Osman’s House of Games, Qi, and Live At The Apollo, Justin is also a new firm favourite in Dictionary Corner on C4’s Countdown. You’ll hear him regularly on Radio 4’s The News Quiz and as a Champion of Champions on BBC 5Live’s Fighting Talk, as well as his weekly contributions to the Warm Up on Talk Sport with Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning guessing attendances every Sunday morning.
He tours theatres across the UK continuously and is a regular at the Edinburgh Fringe.
In autumn 2023, he launched a new podcast called ‘Room For Improvement‘ with Danny Mcloughlin. You can find it here.
His podcast ‘About 30 Minutes No More than 45′ has been a firm favourite with fans for over two hundred episodes and over a million downloads. You can find it here.
He’s an experienced radio presenter with BBC Manchester shows; before that, he presented daily on Manchester’s Key 103 for over a decade. He’s written and starred in two series of his Radio 4 sitcom, Everyone Quite Likes Justin.
Justin regularly performs at private and corporate events, including company awards, AGMs, Christmas/end-of-year parties, weddings and birthdays. He is available for both after-dinner comedy sets and as a host. Justin is particularly in demand as an awards host, his cheeky, irreverent, yet professional approach proving a popular fit for bookers and audiences all over the UK and internationally.
Justin has also worked on branded TV and online campaigns for Manchester United, O2 and DFS.
He presented live from the Olympics in Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020 for Team GB and DFS.
He has performed stand-up comedy on television several times, including several series of The Comedy Store (Comedy Central) and One Night Stand (Dave) and was Michael McIntyre’s guest on his Blackpool leg of Comedy Roadshow (BBC1).
Other TV/ Film credits include; Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled, Ken Loach’s Looking for Eric, Max and Paddy’s Road To No-Where, and Shameless, and he was a winner of Celebrity Mastermind with Les Dawson as his specialist subject.
“The amount of first-rate comic craft that goes into his routines is worthy of admiration”The Guardian
“He charms the pants off the crowd”Sunday Times
“Simultaneously down-to- earth and out of this world”The List
“Skilful crafting...he keeps the laughs coming”★★★★British Theatre Guide
"If joke-telling is your thing, then Justin Moorhouse is your man...very high gag rate"★★★★Fest
“Not a moment without laughter”★★★★Chortle
"Blisteringly funny"The Guardian
- Chortle Award 2017
- A massive thanks to Justin for his brilliant hosting last night. He made the awards run smoothly and gave the whole audience a laugh along the way. He always gets it right and we absolutely love working with him. He is always amazing and never lets us down. Look forward to the next one! City Plumbing Event 2023
- Justin was absolutely fantastic – our guests loved his set! Please pass our thanks on again to Justin – he really was brilliant!Close Brothers Event 2023
- ‘Justin has hosted our corporate awards evening in various locations for several years now and we always receive fantastic feedback from the guests. He takes his time to understand the audience and is a real pleasure to work with!’The Finance Awards North West 2023
- "5 stars... very very good! Got the tone of the event prefect"Amplify Annual Retreat 2023
- He was absolutely brilliant... The audience loved him and the number of people who commented afterwards was incredible.SANDS fundraiser 2023
- Please pass on a massive thanks for Justin for supporting us on two key events last week. He absolutely nailed it. He pitched everything perfectly with the right level of laughs, audience engagement, sincerity and celebration. He is such a joy to work with. Easy going, supportive and a real part of our team. We would not hesitate in booking him again or recommending him to others. City Plumbing Power Forward Conference 2023
- The client said he was brilliant and really enjoyed it. I know the audience was a tough crowd but he was great!Taylor and Francis Global Event 2023
- "Justin hosted three awards evenings for us in 2022, each in three different regions within the UK. We received lots of positive feedback from each one! Justin is great fun to work with, and accommodating with requests. He does his research and delivers a standout performance each time."Jen, The Finance Awards 2022
- "Justin, you were absolutely fantastic, such a lovely gentleman, getting everyone involved, making time to talk and so much fun, we couldn't have asked for a better host, thank you so very much it was an absolute pleasure."Barratt Developments PLC Charity Gala Ball 2022
- Justin was brilliant. Our crowd is always a tough one to keep quiet and he kept them in line.Solar & Storage Live Awards 2022
- "Justin was an absolute dream. Just the nicest. So mindful and would put any event manager‘s anxiety at ease."The British Constructional Steelwork Association Summer Event 2022
- The event went very well, and Justin was brilliant. Friendly, funny and a great host. Please pass on mine and Flannery's thanks and we hope to work with him again in the future!Flannery Plant Hire Event 2022
- "Justin was brilliant as always" "Justin was forever the gent & professional. Great night with great feedback from the team. He completely made the night and the awards."Wells Awards 2022
- We were really pleased with Justin, he was great to work with and the audience really enjoyed him! We have had lots of emails and there have been lots of posts on LinkedIn with our guests commenting on him and how much they enjoyed the evening.Medilink Midlands Business Awards
- I just wanted to drop a quick line to say the Business Awards was a success last night, Justin was FANTASTIC. He handled our audience well, particularly when a guest got a little over animated and was heckling during the awards. He is so personable and easy to work with. I personally really enjoyed working with him.Business Awards 2022
- Everything went perfectly with Justin. He was extremely funny, polite and generous with his time. He seemed to genuinely want to be there and was the best host that we have had to date.The Unsung Hero Awards
- "He was brilliant thank you, everyone loved him!" SQP Awards
- "Justin was outstanding and the event was a total success, thank you for all your help in pulling this together with Justin. The whole event went down a storm."Pioneer Awards
- Justin was a brilliant host and used the right amount of humour and crowd control where necessary. Justin Moorhouse was the highlight. Extremely funny. Justin was right up my street - dry humour and not 'woke' but with a good message Justin did an amazing job as the awards host. His "#bekind" comments were right on the mark and his closing with thanking the hospitality staff and organisers of the event was really well done. Justin was absolutely hilarious and though he was completely on point for the group he was preforming to!HSJ Value Awards 2021
- The event went really well thanks and Justin was absolutely fantastic. One of the best hosts we have had and our Event Director (who can be a tough critic at times) was very complimentary. His set was extremely funny and it felt that he build a good rapport with the audience. Feel free to use the above comments and please thank Justin again for us he was a pleasure to work with.TCS&D 2021 Awards Dinner 2021
- I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your help with the presentation last week. It went really well and Justin was fantastic. Winner Leroy was so delighted. Please can you pass on a huge thank you to Justin from our team.Lisa, Pride of Britain
- Justin was fantastic to work with at our virtual customer event – really helpful and flexible, got our audience spot on and delivered a great set that everyone enjoyed.e92plus
- It was a great evening made even better by Justin’s company – he made the event truly special!Classique Promotions
- Justin is an absolute delight to work with! He is extremely professional and a fantastic comedian. He is great for stand up during a corporate dinner and hosting as he is so quick witted! We love working with Justin and would recommend him highly.Catherine Godsland, Project Director, Out There Events
- Justin’s quick wit and entertaining banter amused over 50,000 supporters at the Legends match between Manchester United and FC Bayern Munich at Old Trafford in June 2015. His interaction with the crowd and humour added to what many will describe as a great day out.Hayley Bushell, M.U.Foundation
- Justin was an excellent host at our annual dinner and awards presentation. His material was really appropriate for our audience both in terms of content, as he managed to deliver a humorous slant on garden centres, and in knowing how far to go…. I would have no hesitation in recommending him. Iain Wylie, Chief Executive, The Garden Centre Association
- Justin Moorhouse has been a hero of mine since the days of Phoenix Nights and I am so glad we got him to headline this event. Assured and confident performance that was incredibly hilarious. One of the best reactions to an event act I’ve experienced. When we look at re-doing this next year I think we’ll definitely have Justin on again!Antony Anderson, Marketing Manager, Hippo Motor Group
- Justin was fantastic. He did a brilliant job. Funny, friendly, very easy to work with…we would not hesitate in booking him again or recommending him to others. We have produced this event for 5 years now and we had many comments on the night saying he was the best host to date. He did an excellent job at not only keeping the audience entertained and laughing all night, but also controlling the room so that it all ran perfectly and exactly to time…which, considering how much we had to get through, was a real skill! He had the perfect balance between keeping it fun and taking the awards seriously, absolutely ideal for this audience.Caroline Ellison, Client Services Director, Clear Presentations Ltd.
- Justin was fantastic! He is so professional and a delight to work with.Catherine Godsland, Out There Events
- Please pass my thanks onto Justin. He went down really well, and made it feel like a younger, more dynamic evening.Stuart Wilson, WorleyParsons Europe Limited
- Justin was BRILLIANT!!! The events went really well.Volvo Trucks
- Justin hosted our KidsOut Ball in June and was fantastic. He was friendly from the beginning right through to the end of the night. Justin was very relaxed on the night and would do anything to help the event run smoothly. He helped the charity in more ways than one and we are grateful for the support. We would recommend to anyone and have even booked Justin for another event.Kids Out Charity
- Having Justin at our Lancashire Lightning v Yorkshire Vikings, Game of Roses match at Emirates Old Trafford was a highlight for many guests. He brilliantly compered a Q&A and his welcome piece was both witty and humorous. Justin read the audience exceptionally well and was a perfect fit for our event, we can't wait to welcome him back in the future.Becky Hartley, Lancashire Cricket Club
- Justin was fantastic! he gauged the 400+ audience spot on for his set and was very good with the sponsors and winners when they went up onto the stage during the presentation ceremony. I would thoroughly recommend him and would be happy for you to use me as a reference if ever required. Richard Cogan, Managing Director, TCS&D Events Ltd
- Justin was great, kept it going and as usual, did exactly what we requested of him! Always a pleasure to work with him.Clear Presentations Ltd
- We had really good feedback on the night thank you, I think it was pitched at the right level for the audience and Justin had full engagement from the room. A lot of people have commented that he made the night. Watson Laurie
- Justin is the ultimate professional, he hosted the Team GB Ball 2019 with style and humour. His ability to be able to make every performance personal and yet keep it on track, keep everyone laughing and keep the messaging spot on. It was an honour to have Justin working with Team GB once again.LEX