Host of BT Sport's The Football's On
“Seriously funny” The Guardian
Ranked in the top ten stand-ups by The Independent
Ian Stone is a highly sought after stand up comedian, broadcaster, podcaster and writer. He presents The Football’s On, on BT Sport and has appeared many times on Fighting Talk (BBC Radio5 Live) as well as Mock the Week (BBC2), The Now Show and Political Animal (BBC Radio4). He also appears regularly on TalkSport and presents the Handbrake Off Arsenal podcast for The Athletic
Ian is an experienced host for events with corporate audiences, he is particularly adept at awards ceremonies and sporting dinners. He recently entertained guests at a Gareth Southgate lunch at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel. He can accommodate all types of events, whether it’s for big audiences or intimate events, and he can tailor his material to who’s in the room.
He’s a regular booking at the top comedy clubs across the country including The Comedy Store. He has also performed stand-up all over the world including Afghanistan for the troops, festivals in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa and he was the first British comic to perform in Moscow.
- Having been highly recommended to us, we booked Ian to complete the entertainment at one of our annual sporting lunches. He followed Gareth Southgate on to the stage for the perfect end to the afternoon. Hilarious, sharp, topical performance, pitched perfectly to our corporate audience. Feedback from our regular guests at the event was excellent and we’ve booked him for an additional 4 events for us this year.David Matthews PT Events
- Ian Stone can adapt to the crowd, be spontaneous and leave the audience wanting more. He's so good in fact that I’ve booked him twice; a consummate professionalDavid Frise - Chief Executive Building Engineering Services Association
- Thank you for such an amazing performance, you were the highlight of the evening and I have had many people tell me how much they enjoyed you. I hope that our paths cross again in the futureEmma Ridley, Cook Group Marketing Executive, Hood Group
- Ian did a great job at the Ealing Council awards do. We’d definitely use him againLauren Dettmar, Ealing Council
- Ian was fantastic at our Christmas party and we used him again the following year. We were delighted with his performance and we’d have no hesitation in using him for any number of eventsPhil Berry, The Electric Centre
- Impressed! Very Funny man!Remy Wilson, Pen Life, York
- Superstar!!Chris Rancon, Intelligent Wealth Management Partnership, Birmingham
- We saw Ian at a comedy club in London and decided to book him for our annual dinner in Dudley. He was so good, we booked him for another show in London and he was great there as well. Lorna Stimpson, Federation of Building Controllers
- I’ve booked Ian for a number of events over the years and he always does great work Steve Lount, Workafrolics Comedy Promotions
- Very Funny and well-pitched to the audience.Andrew Pino, Clairville York Ltd, Cheam