Double Sony Award Winner
Gary Delaney is a regular guest on Mock The Week (BBC Two). His other TV and Radio credits include Live at the Apollo (BBC1), Richard Osman’s House of Games (BBC 2) 7 Day Saturday (Radio 5 Live), Robert’s Web (Channel 4), Loose Ends (BBC Radio 4) and Russell Kane’s Whistle-Stop Tour (BBC Radio 2).
Gary is widely regarded as being the most quotable one-liner comic in the country. He projects the barely hidden delight of a cheeky schoolboy and the audience can’t help but be carried along by his infectious charm.
Gary has also written extensively for TV and Radio including 8 Out Of 10 Cats and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown, A League Of Their Own, 10’Clock Live, The British Comedy Awards and The News Quiz.
In 2016, Gary returned to Edinburgh this year with his show, There’s Something About Gary. He took the show on UK tour which was extended three times, received great, 4 & 5 star reviews. He has also toured twice previously, with his debut, hit show Purist and again with Gary Delaney 2: This Time It’s Not Personal. Gary’s jokes have twice made Dave’s Top 10 Funniest Jokes from the Edinburgh Fringe.
“Expect a cavalcade of brilliantly inventive puns”The Guardian
“Razor sharp one-liners”Daily Telegraph
“Wickedly funny”The Sunday Times
- Gary was extremely well prepared he’d obviously read the script they sent him, he arrived early and was great to work with. He asked for information on some staff members in the audience. The event really came together well because of him, the audience interaction worked well and he had a brilliant connection with the audience. They felt he was hilarious, very quick and is a very funny guy. They loved him. Debra Hitchins from Karl Storz
- Gary hosted our Awards Dinner with his own unique blend of humour and wit which our guests very much enjoyed. Thanks, Gary, for a fabulous evening.Sue Dormer, Marketing Director, the Association of Gas Safety Managers
- Gary was absolutely fantastic! Everyone but everyone loved his performance. Not only that, what a lovely man. James Blandy, British Legion
- Gary had us laughing from start to finish. He judged the crowd perfectly to push them to their limit of what was acceptable humour without straying beyond. He was also exceptionally professional and took time to learn about the audience to construct relevant jokes which were well received.Worcestershire Group of Chartered Accountants
- Last week was great, Gary was awesome and went down really well. I know stand-up comedians aren't usually event hosts, but he handled it like a pro.Suzie Lewis, Zen Internet
- Gary was brilliant and went down really well with everyone I spoke to.Lauren Dalglish, The Marine Dalglish Appeal