Edinburgh Festival Best Show Nominee 2017
Elf Lyons is an award winning red-hatted comedian, actor and writer. She is known for her distinctive and unique voice – which mixes stand-up, sass, clowning, drag and astute social commentary to create ungainly, surreal comedy spectacles on stage. She will next be seen returning to the new series of The Stand Up Sketch Show (ITV2)!
TV appearances includes The Stand Up Sketch Show (ITV2), Comedians Against Living Miserably Comedy Gala (Dave), The Dog Ate My Homework (CBBC), Unexpected Fluids (Radio 1), Evil Genius (BBC Sounds), and BBC World Service’s Stand Up Show – London (BBC World Service). She wrote and starred in her own BBC Three short.
In October 2018, she performed at the Nuffield Southampton Theatre in the title role of the NST Laboratory Associates’ highly acclaimed production of Medusa. In 2019 she completed her first UK wide tour, Love Songs To Guinea Pigs.
Alongside performing, Elf is a well-respected writer. She has written articles for The Times, The Independent, Londonist, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Refinery29, The Telegraph amongst others. In July 2017 Elf was on the cover of the Observer Magazine for her article ‘In Praise of Polyamory’. Elf has a BA from Bristol in Drama, an MA from Queen Mary in Theatre & Performance, has studied at the renowned theatre school L’Ecole Philippe Gaulier in Paris. She is a graduate of the Duckie Homosexualist Summer School at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern and a member of Soho Young Company’s Drag and Cabaret course.
Fringe World Best Comedy Show Nominee 2018
"A fast talking, smart-thinking standup for whom the adjective "kooky" could have been invented for."The Guardian
"Lyons is doing as she likes, making the kind of shows she wants to make, finding new ways of expressing her comic voice and creating images, language and ideas on stage which are all absolutely her own.”Beyond the Joke
"This is comedy as enchantment, a show so beguiling that you don’t just love it, you somehow fall in love with it.”The Scotsman
The most wonderful stand-up comedian I have seen this year.”Young Perspective
"Hysterical tour de force"Three Weeks
- NOMINEE - Fringe Wolrd Best Show 2018
- Adelaide Pick of the Fringe 2018
- BBC New Talent Hotlist 2017
- NOMINEE - Malcolm Hardee Award 2017
- FINALIST - Man-Up Drag King 2017
- The Sunday Times 'Ones to Watch" 2017
- British Vogue's '20 Names of Now' 2017
- FINALIST - Funny Women Award 2016
- Elf was absolutely brilliant at our International Women's Day event - she has such great stage presence and is a true performer. Alex Dalman, Senior Account Manager, VCCP
- Elf was brilliant, taking time to understand a rather unusual brief for a sketch on gender equality, intelligently researching the material and checking we were comfortable with the script before production. Her performance was charismatic and funny and we’ve had such positive feedback from delegates at our seminar.Baroness Helena Morrissey DBE, Chair of the Diversity Project