Award-winning stand up comedian Alun Cochrane has appeared on numerous TV shows including Have I Got News For You, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Mock The Week, Dave’s One Night Stand, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow and Russell Howard’s Good News. He was featured as series regular ‘Sam’ in the Sky Living sitcom Trying Again, alongside Chris Addison and has appeared in Coronation Street, Boomers and Russell Howard’s Christmas film A Gert Lush Christmas.
Alun is a recognisable voice on radio, he regularly features on BBC Radio 4 on The News Quiz, The Now Show, Just A Minute, Dilemma, Loose Ends, Lee Mack And Friends, The Comedy Club and Listomania. Alun wrote and starred in the Radio 4 series Alun Cochrane’s Fun House, offering listeners a room-by-room stand up tour of his home. For many years he was the co-host of The Frank Skinner Show on Absolute, for which he received a 2012 Arqiva Award nomination for Best Newcomer. The show also won a Sony Award in 2011 for Best Entertainment Programme and was nominated again in 2012.
In 2014 Alun returned to Edinburgh with Alun Cochrane: Me Neither. Previously Alun was nominated for Best Newcomer at the Perrier Awards and has won Chortle Awards for Best Breakthrough Act and Best Compere as well as additional accolades with the Writer’s Guild Award For Comedy. In 2012 he toured his show Alun Cochrane: Moments Of Alun across the UK following its success at the 2011 Edinburgh Fringe. He toured the UK again in 2016 with his show Alun Cochrane: A Show With A Man In It.
Alun is a master at observational comedy, an expert in storytelling and uniquely able to to gather material from anywhere he wanders in mind or body.
Alun is an extremely seasoned corporate host with nearly 2 decades experience in corporate events, he has worked with Boss, Mother and Baby and Land Rover.
"Cochrane’s on-stage persona is allied to a real craft and creativity in his writing, yielding results that satisfy both the comedy purists and those who simply want big belly laughs on a night out"The Guardian
"Alun Cochrane’s ability to make the little things in life a comedy goldmine is phenomenal"Chortle
"…rarely have such random musings been elevated to this level of hilarious artistry"The Scotsman
"a master storyteller, holding the audience before dropping an exploding but simple punchline…"Metro
- "Alun was a brilliant, hilarious and uplifting start to our EN Indy Awards, incredibly professional from the start including the reading of the auto-cue which can always be interesting! Thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting a savagely entertaining host for your next event." Gina Kay, Exhibition News Event 2023
- Alun was absolutely fantastic to work with, a consumate professional and extremely helpful and amenable - a real pleasure! Please do thank him again for filling in at such short notice. The feedback from the audience has been extremely positive, with several of our regular attendees saying he was our best host yet! We all loved his set and felt it was perfectly judged for the audience.The BOSS Awards
- Comedian Alun Cochrane delighted guests with a fantastic stand up set, including an ode to his experiences of the office products world which had the audience in stitches. Cochrane also served as compère for the evening, doing so with flair and professionalism, keeping the audience entertained throughout.”The BOSS Awards
- “The client loved Alun and would not hesitate to recommend him. They said he was easy to work with, and had taken an interest in the audience and what/who they represent.”The BOSS Awards
- “Alun was brilliant! He went down really well and got through the awards in record time. It was a pleasure to have him host the event.”Mother & Baby Awards
- “Just a quickie to say thanks for you help with Alun's booking. He went down very well and we had a lot of positive feedback. He was very funny!” Commodity Business Awards
- “Alun was absolutely brilliant! Exactly what we wanted. He gauged the room perfectly and everyone loved him... He picked up on a lot of things that happen a lot to us and played along with them, for e.g. people not understanding what we do, so just saying we work with soil etc, making it funny and pertinent. Very clever. I would highly recommend him.”ITM Soil Summer Ball
- “Alun was a pleasure to work with in the lead up to and on the evening of our event. The audience were captivated during is ad-lib and only had good things to say about the host for the evening. He made the somewhat mundane subject area light hearted and funny without drawing away too much from the content. We had a bit of a technical malfunction and Alun was able to think quick on his event and get us through it quite painlessly. All in all a very funny evening with Alun who was professional and such an easy going host.”Pipa Awards